This seminar is designed for 2nd and 3rd year students, and introduces them to the mindset and skills to succeed at Junior Cycle
This study skills programme is designed to support students at Junior Cycle to prepare for their assessments. Along with motivating students to engage fully in their study, they explore how to accelerate their learning and are brought through our unique study system – POKER.
To reinforce the learning after the seminar and assist students in organising their study, each student receives a copy of our Junior Cycle Study Journal.
The students learn about:
The Brain and Learning
- Understanding how the brain learns
- Accelerating learning through whole-brain activities
Growth Mindset and Resilience
- The importance of having a positive attitude and approach
- Simple strategies to develop resilience
- Simple memory techniques to enhance learning
- How to organise and plan their study
- How to create effective notes, both linear and mind maps using POKER
|Audience||Junior Cycle Students|
|Cost||Per student costing, minimums apply|
|Venue||At your school (nationwide)|