This programme consolidates the core study strategies along with including extra elements supporting students in their studying such as learning styles, active reading and well-being. Examples from across the range of Leaving Certiﬁcate subjects are used to support the learning.
Each student receives a study journal, which is an organisational and planning tool reinforcing the learning from the seminar along with providing both students and teachers with a simple method for tracking study progress.
The programme can be tailored to the needs of the school.
After the programme students:
- Can embed the practices learnt in the previous study skills seminar.
- Take home study journal, an easy to use study planning and management tool.
- Have additional learning skills to support them in their study.
- Along with having increased motivation, will also have a greater awareness of how to support their own well-being before examinations.
A high energy, interactive and engaging seminar with opportunities for reﬂection, peer to peer and group learn.
- Review of core study skills
- Motivation – Mindset and motivation to succeed
- Accelerated Learning – Whole-brain learning, learning styles, multiple intelligences
- POKER – A methodology for study, note taking and memory techniques
- Revision – 5 x 5 Review
Optional Extension Material
- Increasing Motivation – The SUPER system for success
- Reading – Active and speed reading techniques
- Emotional resilience and well-being – 5 simple keys for developing emotional resilience
What the students say:
”It was such a wake- up call to get my act together, so worthwhile.”
- Melissa, Dominican College, Drumcondra, Dublin
”The seminar, along with giving me better ways to study, was motivational, a conﬁdence booster and very enjoyable”
- Justin, St. Joseph’s, Galway City
|Audience||Senior Cycle Students|
|Cost||Per student costing, minimums apply|
|Venue||At your school (nationwide)|